Aquatics Anonymous

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Aquatics Anonymous

The place fish-aholics come to feed their addiction!

pest anemones

lordraptor1
    lordraptor1
    Admin
    Admin

pest anemones Empty pest anemones

Post by lordraptor1 Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:28 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

this library article is going to be my simplest one yet . ALL of the nems listed here are considered pests in the aquarium trade and should be terminated with extreme predjudice if found in your tank.

these are considered pests due to the way they grow rapidly adn can overtake and kill corals and other nems as well as an occasional fish.

so instead of a bunch of writing on this or even any water conditions (we dont care how to keep pests), i will instead post some pics of these pest anemone, so without further adue.

and here is a link of how to get rid of them (pepperminet shrimp and sometimes copperband butterfly fish will also take care of them but i do not recommend the copperband butterfly for a means of aiptasia removal)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

majano anemones

first i would like to thank marc levenson from melevsreef for taking a great pic of them as it is the best pic i have seen. as you can see these can be quite attractive in a tank but i would only recommend them for a species tank (strictly majanos as they are intrustive and can overgrow your tank just as aiptasia will.

these are easier to remove than an aitasia if you are careful in a sense. not only can you use the same techniques (with possible exception of pepperments and butterflies(i.e joes juice, lemon juice that work) the feet on these are thicker and if you use caution to may actually be able to mechanically or manually remove them (peeling them off)

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 7:30 am