Aquatics Anonymous

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Aquatics Anonymous

The place fish-aholics come to feed their addiction!

twin spot hogfish (bodianus bimaculatus)

lordraptor1
    lordraptor1
    Admin
    Admin

twin spot hogfish (bodianus bimaculatus) Empty twin spot hogfish (bodianus bimaculatus)

Post by lordraptor1 Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:23 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

hogfish are members of the wrasse family but are given their own name because of their rooting behavior and different body shape from other wrasses. they will bury themselves in the sandbed when frightened adn when they sleep for the night so a sandbed of at least 3" is preferable.

teh twin spot hogfish is one of if not the best hogfish for a reef aquarium.

you should provide deep tank with a sand bed of at least 3" with plenty of hiding places.

the twin spot hogfish is a peaceful fish that acclimates very quickly to most aquariums, if 2 are going to be kept in your tank it is important to add them both at the same time because they will be slightly territorial by themselves, it is also to note that as with all wrasses caution should be taken when your tank is open topped as they have a tendancy to "jump" out of a tank. i personally own one and i run an open top setup and i have had no issues at all.

the twin spot hogfish can grow to be up to 4" in length

Care Level: easy
    temperment: peaceful
    reef safe: yes (use caution with shrimp)
    diet: pellet, meaty, and flake
    Origin: indo-west pacific
    minimum tank size: 30 gallons

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 4:43 am