Aquatics Anonymous

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Aquatics Anonymous

The place fish-aholics come to feed their addiction!

3 posters

wavemaker

drudown66
    drudown66
    Admin
    Admin

wavemaker Empty wavemaker

Post by drudown66 Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:55 am

hey i was wondering if anyone has used a wavmaker? im thinkin about getting one to hook a few power heads up to and was wondering if they really do help corals like they say they do. thx for any help
    turbovr3six
    turbovr3six
    private
    private

wavemaker Empty Re: wavemaker

Post by turbovr3six Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:43 am

i started with maxijets on a blueline tsunami wavemaker... corals liked it but i hated the clicking the pumps would make when they would turn on. since then ive switched to all tunzes and my corals couldnt be happier..
    drudown66
    drudown66
    Admin
    Admin

Post by drudown66 Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:42 am

ya i have a wave maker now i got with a tank i bought but only two plugs work but i stopped using it for now cuz that dam clicking sound got old fast lol and i heard it was bad for the pumps to stop and start. i found a few that just reduce the poser to about 20% instead of completly shutting off.
    turbovr3six
    turbovr3six
    private
    private

Post by turbovr3six Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:08 am

drudown66 wrote:ya i have a wave maker now i got with a tank i bought but only two plugs work but i stopped using it for now cuz that dam clicking sound got old fast lol and i heard it was bad for the pumps to stop and start. i found a few that just reduce the poser to about 20% instead of completly shutting off.

the larger the pump, the more damage it will endure during on/off operation...unless the pump is made to be controlled(some tunzes, vortex', etc.) it will either need to be modded to be able to handle it, or ghetto-rigged to shut the clicking up(this wont help pump life tho)... hope this helps
    lordraptor1
    lordraptor1
    Admin
    Admin

Post by lordraptor1 Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:45 pm

i dont use a wavemaker at all, i personally never wanted the hassle of replacing powerheads or teh impellers for them because of the damage done because of the wavemaker, of course if i was made of money i might use one

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 6:57 pm