Aquatics Anonymous

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Aquatics Anonymous

The place fish-aholics come to feed their addiction!

3 posters

when do flowerhorns start getting aggresive?

frankenstein
    frankenstein
    PFC
    PFC

when do flowerhorns start getting aggresive? Empty when do flowerhorns start getting aggresive?

Post by frankenstein Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:29 pm

when do flowerhorns start to get aggressive? mine is about 2" maybe 2.5" hes in my main 55 gallon tank right now and my two convicts are keeping him in check right now. my convicts are about 2.5" and 1.75". i havent even seen my convict chase a single fish in there
    micah
    micah

when do flowerhorns start getting aggresive? Empty Re: when do flowerhorns start getting aggresive?

Post by micah Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:53 pm

Flowerhorns usually are agressive once they are established in the tank. Did you add him after the convicts? If so the convicts might hold him down until the horn getts bigger then the convicts. Also if the convicts start breeding they will get REALLY aggressive. But to answer you question, flowerhorns are usually agressive no matter what size they are, I would definately keep a close eye. Flowerhorns are known to kill any fish that is smaller then them. I would be prepared to split these guys up when the time comes.
    frankenstein
    frankenstein
    PFC
    PFC

when do flowerhorns start getting aggresive? Empty Re: when do flowerhorns start getting aggresive?

Post by frankenstein Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:03 pm

o trust me im waiting lol, yea he was the last thing i put in the tank, i havent seen him be aggressive towards any of the fish, he actually hangs out with the convicts lol but well see
    Lord Viggo
    private
    private

Post by Lord Viggo Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:20 pm

I just bought 2 RD's at about 2" and they are allready bossing around, my 4"GT, and 4" Red Tex
    frankenstein
    frankenstein
    PFC
    PFC

Post by frankenstein Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:07 am

well today he started being a jerk to everyone so back in the 10 gallon he went, i might try to sell him on craigslist
    micah
    micah

Post by micah Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:24 pm

lol! I had a feeling this time would be coming soon. This is why I have never owned one. Hope someone wants him.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 4:19 pm