Aquatics Anonymous

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Aquatics Anonymous

The place fish-aholics come to feed their addiction!

3 posters

Tiger Shovel Nose Catfish /Pseudoplatystoma fasciatum

sweetpea
    sweetpea
    private
    private

Tiger Shovel Nose Catfish /Pseudoplatystoma fasciatum Empty Tiger Shovel Nose Catfish /Pseudoplatystoma fasciatum

Post by sweetpea Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:11 pm

Tiger Shovel Nose Cat
    Pseudoplatystoma fasciatum

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    Size a little over 3 feet
    tank 180 gallon
    ph 6.8
    temp 78 f
    origin
    amazon basin

The Tiger Shovelnose Catfish (Pseudoplatystoma fasciatum) comes from from South America, the Amazon, Corintijns, Essequibo, Orinoco and Paraná basins.
    They strive in waters where the temperature is 78 degrees F and a pH of 6.0 - 7.6.
    Shovelnoses spook easily. It was very hard for me to get these pics. Besides the minimum tank size of 180 gallons, rocks, plants, and large driftwood should be used to enhance and simulate a natural environment. Feeding the Tiger Shovelnose Cat is not difficult due to the fact that it is not picky. In the wild, this fish will eat fish and crustaceans.
    In the aquarium setting, assorted worms, frozen foods, sinking catfish pellets, and dry foods are said to provide the proper nutrition. Mine eats feeders and tubifex worms.
    Tank tops are required as splashing may occur if they get spooked. Mine hides a majority of the day and comes out at night about an hour before I turn the light off. They may be big and look tough, but they’re chickens at heart. The Tiger Shovelnose Catfish is not recommended for
    anyone except serious Catfish lovers who possess big tanks or small ponds with strong filtration, and up to the challenge of handling a moderately difficult
    fish. Not much is known about the breeding habits of the Tiger Shovelnose Catfish, but it is thought that the females have a fuller stomach and overall shape. This is my favorite fish in the tank right now. This pictures I have included are of my Shovelnose.
    Enjoy!
    fish guy
    corporal
    corporal

Tiger Shovel Nose Catfish /Pseudoplatystoma fasciatum Empty Re: Tiger Shovel Nose Catfish /Pseudoplatystoma fasciatum

Post by fish guy Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:08 pm

They are a good eating fish. Excellent for dinner. Very easy to catch.
    dukeonelove
    dukeonelove
    PFC
    PFC

Tiger Shovel Nose Catfish /Pseudoplatystoma fasciatum Empty Re: Tiger Shovel Nose Catfish /Pseudoplatystoma fasciatum

Post by dukeonelove Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:28 am

cool ass fish

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content